Swooping is bad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite ending? (endgame-spoilers obviously)

5 posters

Go down

Your favorite ending? (endgame-spoilers obviously) Empty Your favorite ending? (endgame-spoilers obviously)

Post  TrishaMcMillan Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 am

I would like to hear your toughts on this.

In my first playthrough Alistair ended up beeing king with my PC as his queen (excuse me, prince consort! *what the heck!*). I didn't like the way my PC was proposing to him in the middle of a gathering of nobles without having the option to first talk about it with him. But in retorspective it made sense for the character I was roleplaying, in her eyes he was the better option next to Anora who not only doublecrossed her once but twice and she was going to help him succeed at beeing king.

The second time around I choose to let ride him ride into the sunset with my city elf. While this felt better at first I noticed that it took away a lot of the pressure roleplaying-wise, atleast for me.It also somehow felt like the developers considered this one the road-not-often-taken since Alistair was still thinking he was king in a few of the cutscenes following the landsmeet.

These are the only two I got until now,but I would really love to hear your toughts and individual endings.
TrishaMcMillan
TrishaMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Your favorite ending? (endgame-spoilers obviously) Empty Re: Your favorite ending? (endgame-spoilers obviously)

Post  Trillian Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:02 am

I have only ridden off into the sunset so far, and I am currently working on a self sacrafice character.

I was originally going to go the queen route, but as my character developed she became more disillusion with being nobility and Anore never betrayed me. I didn't even know she did until I read it online. Instead she was quite civil, and I felt my character understood her given their common background (both daughters of nobility and the restrictions of it). Also there were a few conversations with Wynne which tipped the decision, about the fact that Grey Wardens never go back to who they were.
Trillian
Trillian

Back to top Go down

Your favorite ending? (endgame-spoilers obviously) Empty Re: Your favorite ending? (endgame-spoilers obviously)

Post  irvys_sefie Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 am

I've only beaten the game once but my city elf rode off with Alistair except for the time where he left to go erect a memorial for Duncan and didn't invite her for no reason whatsoever. xD And given that Zevran was traveling with them as the unofficial Grey Warden Mascot...well I'm just gonna assume that Alistair REALLY REALLY trusted Zevran not to try to crawl into bed with his woman in his absence. Razz
irvys_sefie
irvys_sefie

Back to top Go down

Post  Trillian Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:07 am

irvys_sefie wrote:I've only beaten the game once but my city elf rode off with Alistair except for the time where he left to go erect a memorial for Duncan and didn't invite her for no reason whatsoever. xD And given that Zevran was traveling with them as the unofficial Grey Warden Mascot...well I'm just gonna assume that Alistair REALLY REALLY trusted Zevran not to try to crawl into bed with his woman in his absence. Razz

Hehe... I had my mascot too. Who could resist a cheesy, assasin mascot for the grey wardens!
Trillian
Trillian

Back to top Go down

Post  irvys_sefie Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:12 am

Trillian wrote:
irvys_sefie wrote:I've only beaten the game once but my city elf rode off with Alistair except for the time where he left to go erect a memorial for Duncan and didn't invite her for no reason whatsoever. xD And given that Zevran was traveling with them as the unofficial Grey Warden Mascot...well I'm just gonna assume that Alistair REALLY REALLY trusted Zevran not to try to crawl into bed with his woman in his absence. Razz

Hehe... I had my mascot too. Who could resist a cheesy, assasin mascot for the grey wardens!

I know! It was pretty clear to me that he wanted to tag along when the PC took off which I found so cute it's ridiculous. XD
"Sooooo you're leaving huuuuh? That'll be fuuuuun...*cough cough*"
"...Do you want to come along Zevran?"
"DO I? ...Well. I suppose I could. Keep you from dying and stuff. Yeah."

His line about how he doesn't want to be a Grey Warden cracked me up so bad. "There are some bodily fluids that even I won't touch." Laughing

I also had my PC chat up Sten about visiting his homeland he was all "Sure thing kadan. Get your butt to the docks and we'll head out, kk?" which amused me a whole bunch but I never heard word of that in my scroll-through text epilogue. Very sad!
irvys_sefie
irvys_sefie

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishaMcMillan Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Laughing My city elf also had her very own assassinating mascot and I'm sure Alistair was oh so very delighted by this prospect... Laughing

Seems like it is time to gather brownie-points from cookie-loving Sten on my next playthrough!

I was kind of miffed by the epilogue.Bioware obviously poured a lot of time and energy into this game and I rather thought they would also steer away from the same old text brackets in the end. So while the option to talk to all your companions at the coronation (if the PC survived) was a nice touch, it would have really blown me away if the characters themselves had told you their fate in a few cutscenes. But I realise that this wish was probably a bit utopian considering the already massive text-range of this game, not to mention the VO and scripting involved...

*sigh* Next time perhaps? Smile
TrishaMcMillan
TrishaMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Furiae Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:10 pm

I actually preferred the sacrifice ending to being queen. I'm just a sucker for hearing Alistair wax poetic about his dead fiancee in front of a crowd. Got the big memorial in Weisshaupt, my brother got his land back, Howe and Loghain got what was coming to them, my PC ruined Alistair and Zevran forever in the love department, and Alistair was king. I could never bring myself to make Anora queen, because I found that we were asked to take that she was a good ruler on just faith more than anything we actually saw in game. You know... I have to admit that I did a lot of yelling at Anora. I remember once hollering, "you can have the throne over my pixelated body, you presumptuous *****."

Based on conversations with my companions, I would have liked my PC to wander off with her BFF Leliana to see the world. Alistair's dedicated to his Grey Warden-ness, but if my PC is anything like me, I would have told the Wardens, "I'm taking a vacation. Don't bug me if it's not a Blight. Ta~."

Furiae

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishaMcMillan Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Furiae wrote:I actually preferred the sacrifice ending to being queen. I'm just a sucker for hearing Alistair wax poetic about his dead fiancee in front of a crowd. Got the big memorial in Weisshaupt, my brother got his land back, Howe and Loghain got what was coming to them, my PC ruined Alistair and Zevran forever in the love department, and Alistair was king. I could never bring myself to make Anora queen, because I found that we were asked to take that she was a good ruler on just faith more than anything we actually saw in game. You know... I have to admit that I did a lot of yelling at Anora. I remember once hollering, "you can have the throne over my pixelated body, you presumptuous

I must confess that I'm a big wuss in that department. I just find myself in no position to sacrifice Alistair or my PC in this game.
Perhaps I will gather the courage to do do so in a future playthrough, but at the moment I simply can't. Embarassed
TrishaMcMillan
TrishaMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Trillian Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:12 pm

TrishaMcMillan wrote:I must confess that I'm a big wuss in that department. I just find myself in no position to sacrifice Alistair or my PC in this game.
Perhaps I will gather the courage to do do so in a future playthrough, but at the moment I simply can't. Embarassed

I couldn't kill my first girl off in the first playthrough. Or Alistair. Now for my next two characters, one is the self sacrafic kind and the other may spare Loghain (at least Alistair is still alive, and I have some good ideas for fanfiction endings for it). But I don't know if I have the willpower to let Alistair die. He is just too cute.
Trillian
Trillian

Back to top Go down

Post  TrishaMcMillan Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Trillian wrote:
I couldn't kill my first girl off in the first playthrough. Or Alistair. Now for my next two characters, one is the self sacrafic kind and the other may spare Loghain (at least Alistair is still alive, and I have some good ideas for fanfiction endings for it). But I don't know if I have the willpower to let Alistair die. He is just too cute.

I also thought that sparing Loghain has some serious potential fanfiction-wise, but unfortunately I'm lacking the capability to write drama of any kind.
So I'm really looking forward to what others make of it Very Happy
TrishaMcMillan
TrishaMcMillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Elusive Horizon Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:41 am

So I have a few characters in the works (just to work out the different endings), but the only one I've finished completely through is as a Cousland. She married Alistair, but after the ending I have to say it felt completely and utterly wrong.

I guess it's my personality or what have you, but Alistair makes it abundantly clear many times that he does not want to be king. Ever. He states it after you make him king and even in the beginning of Awakening (in a round about way)! I walked away from that ending feeling absolutely horrid. To paraphrase Alistair, at no time in his life has anyone cared what he wanted, except Duncan. Taking his vehement objections to being king into consideration along with the short lifespan of Grey Wardens, my heart broke. Individual choice should not be ignored nor taken away.

So for the character I'm writing my fanfic about, Sathe (odd, but this is the one character I really enjoy and adore. I think it's because so much of myself is infused into her. The decisions she makes, the way she feels about things, the way she carries herself all coincide to a great degree with what I would have done/felt had I been in her shoes . . . The other women I play don't think as I would. I approach them differently by immersing myself in their backgrounds, trying to make decisions based on the events that have shaped them. My Amell character is the one woman I see myself in.) , I have plans for her to vote Anora into the throne and allow Alistair to do what he wants for once... ride off into that darkspawn tainted sunset with his love and live happily ever after for oh about thirty years or so. It's the very least I could do.

I would rate the endings like this, from best to worst :

1. Alistair and love continuing on as Grey Wardens together
2. Alistair being made king and marrying PC
3. Alistair being made king and having PC as mistress (I love the idea of this for a fanfic. It captivates me. I shall have to write something.)
4. Alistair ditching everyone if you get Loghain and becoming a wandering drunk (Because as was stated above, he's still alive and the options are endless. Redeem a tortured man anyone? xD)
5. Alistair dumping PC once made king
6. Alistair or PC being executed/dying in anyway (I'm not a self-sacrificing kind of gal. I want my love and be able to eat him too. Well at least my mage isn't. Maybe that city elf I started . . . *wanders off, pondering*)

If I've forgotten any I apologize. Wink
Elusive Horizon
Elusive Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down